Normal development cycle
repo sync # to get all changes from upstream.
repo start your_local_topic_branch_name --all # Create a branch to work on.
cd argouml # Work in the projects in turn.
- Make the change.
- Build and test.
- Commit the change.
repo upload # Upload your work for review.
Monitor the created changes at https://review.gerrithub.io. This could involve making more changes, git commit --amend and repo upload a patched change.
- Eventually the change is Code-Reviewed and Verified and Submitted. If a change is not immediately commented on Code-Reviewed and Verified, mail Linus.
For details on how to move around between branches to work on other changes while waiting, see the repo documentation.
- Find all argouml-tigris-org projects.
- Comment on all suggested changes and give them their score.
Setup the environment
- Install git, repo, ssh
- Unless you have done so before, create your github.com account and set up the ssh key.
- Unless you have done so before, create your gerrithub.io account with your github.com credentials.
Configure ssh to use your github user name when contacting gerrithub
Host review.gerrithub.io User YOUR-GITHUB-USER-NAME
Create a new directory for your work and cd to it.
repo init -u firstname.lastname@example.org:argouml-tigris-org/manifest.git # Set up repo and download the list of argouml projects.
repo sync # Download all argouml projects from github.
Using gerrithub to review changes in the list of projects
Initialize with repo init -u ssh://review.gerrithub.io:29418/argouml-tigris-org/manifest.git instead.